Tax regimes are increasingly becoming more complex and highly regulated. With the advent of tax transparency and exchange of tax information, heightened regulatory and media scrutiny is the new norm for all taxpayers. At RHTLaw Taylor Wessing, we understand the need for proper planning to mitigate tax risks and compliance burdens across borders. In the area of private wealth, family unit and private assets can span multiple jurisdictions. The new international and domestic tax orders have a significant impact on traditional legacy planning and wealth preservation solutions.
We are known for our responsive, proactive and innovative approach to finding practical solutions.
How we can help you
The team at RHTLaw Taylor Wessing can provide practical, cost-effective and commercially sound tax advice in a timely and reliable manner. We offer a dedicated and dynamic team of experienced and certified professionals with a good grasp of evolving international and domestic taxation landscapes. Our areas of expertise cover:
Sound and timely compliance is the bedrock within an organization. We assist clients in preparing and filing Singapore corporate tax, individual tax and GST returns after proper analysis of the law and the judicial precedents, and by taking technically correct positions on contentious matters. Our holistic approach, backed by years of experience with international accounting firms, allows our clients to mitigate potential tax risks that could arise during tax audit, and helps prevent surprises. The team is able to assist clients with their appeals under the Voluntary Disclosure Programme covering Income Tax, GST, Withholding Tax and Stamp Duty.
We advise on the tax implications of business or shareholder transfers, amalgamations, share capital reductions or liquidations
We provide support and advice for clients involved in queries and disputes with the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore. The team is actively involved in tax queries and tax litigation across the whole range of Singapore taxes, and is able to assist and represent clients over the full span of the tax dispute resolution process.
In the context of a globally mobile workforce, employers and employees increasingly need to have a keen global awareness of local individual tax filing requirements to ensure proper compliance. We can tailor tax advisory services to meet the business needs of clients’ international workforce in the following areas:
- Provide arrival/departure counselling for inbound/outbound employees
- Development of tax-efficient employment remuneration packages
- Provision of tax advice on stock options and share incentive schemes
Keeping pace with the myriad indirect tax rules and regulations and ensuring proper compliance with them can be challenging. We can assist clients in the following areas:
- Advising on latest developments in indirect tax and their implications to business to enhance compliance
- Advising on processes to mitigate the risks of non-compliance e.g. conducting targeted GST health checks and Assisted Self-help Kit (ASK) reviews
- Application for GST registration/de-registration/exemption to register for GST
- Evaluation, application and renewal for relevant GST relief schemes to improve business cash flow
We develop tax-efficient solutions for domestic and cross-border transactions, including:
- Tax structuring advice for funds/trusts and family office set up
- Application of tax incentives for family offices and fund managers (Section 13CA/R/X)
- Treaty benefit analysis, inbound and outbound tax strategies, profit repatriation planning, withholding tax management and exit strategy
- Tax Due Diligence
- Share & Asset Acquisitions, including funding structures
- Venture Capital and Private Equity Funds
- Foreign Direct Investment
- Real Estate
As global transfer pricing rules and regulations continue to evolve, there is a need for businesses to be mindful of transfer pricing risks as well as documentation requirements. We can assist clients in the following areas:
- Formulation and assistance in implementing of transfer pricing policy
- Aligning transfer pricing with the client’s global business goals and objectives
- Reviewing existing transfer pricing policy to ensure adherence to transfer pricing policy
- Provision of benchmarking with access to global databases
- Provision of contemporaneous transfer pricing documentation in line with Singapore and overseas jurisdiction requirements
- Assistance in the compilation of “master file” and “country-specific” documentation
In all areas, there is a particular focus within the team on “bridging the gap” between the ever-increasing complexity of tax law and practice and the commercial needs of our clients.