NG Yi Wayn
Ng Yi Wayn is a Partner in RHTLaw Taylor Wessing’s Corporate Practice and specialises in Mergers & Acquisitions and Capital Markets. She has represented global and regional clients in various industries, including the TMC (Technology, Media and Communication), Education and Healthcare sectors. She spent 3 years in the United Kingdom where she obtained her LLB Law Honours degree from the University of Manchester, before she was admitted and qualified as an advocate and solicitor of the Singapore Bar.
Yi Wayn regularly advises clients on cross-border acquisitions and disposals, investments, restructurings and equity capital market transactions in Asia, Europe and the Middle East. She advises on transactions of various sizes, from seed investments up to deals with transactional value of US$1billion. She was also recently involved in the biggest record-breaking Series C investment in a Southeast Asian start-up.
Out of the office, Yi Wayn is a certified Rescue and Enriched Air Scuba Diver and enjoys moving in extra dimensions in the beautiful yet mysterious ocean – As they say, “we dive not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.”
Some of the transactions Yi Wayn has been involved in include advising:
- a French entity in its strategic investment into a Singapore logistics company with presence in Southeast Asia;
- a Finnish entity in its acquisition of a Swiss entity involved in the business of manufacturing paints, varnishes & other related products, that owns assets in multiple jurisdictions, including Singapore;
- on an acquisition of several companies involved in the business of cyber security & network performance solutions, located in 7 jurisdictions;
- a major healthcare group in Singapore in its acquisition of several clinics as part of its expansion plans in Southeast Asia, as well as the investment by a private equity group;
- the key management executives of a leading global childcare provider on the sale of all its shares to a fund & thereafter in its expansion plans & several mergers and acquisitions in the Southeast Asian region;
- a Japanese entity engaged in the out-of-home advertising business on its Initial Public Offering in Singapore;
- a Japanese entity listed in Singapore, on a partial offer made by its controlling shareholder in Japan;
- a Singapore listed entity providing engineering, procurement & construction services, on its rights issue of warrants;
- a Singapore listed entity principally engaged in engineering & marine activities on the sale of its distribution business; and
- a Singapore entity on its transfer from the Catalist Board to the Mainboard of the SGX.
LLB Law Honours – University of Manchester, United Kingdom (2010)
- Recognised and featured as one of “Singapore’s 20 most promising legal luminaries aged 40-and-under” (Singapore Business Review, 2018)
- Spoke at an SILE accredited CPD workshop on “Risk Mitigation and Allocation” (2018)
- Assists in the National University of Singapore, Faculty of Law’s Corporate Deals programme (2018)
- A contributing author for the Lexis®Library’s International Corporate Procedures for Singapore (on-going basis since year 2017)