KONG Seh Ping
Seh Ping is the Deputy Head of RHTLaw Taylor Wessing’s Corporate Practice, and a Partner in the Intellectual Property and Technology Practice.
She specialises in corporate and commercial transactions across sectors and jurisdictions, with a particular focus on the technology and telecommunications sectors. Seh Ping has extensive experience in cross border M&A transactions, FDIs and joint ventures. She was ranked as a leading lawyer in the M&A category by the AsiaLaw Leading Lawyers 2013.
Seh Ping also regularly advises start-ups on financing, investments, joint ventures, general employment law, and commercialisation of intellectual property rights in the Asia Pacific region (including licensing, franchising and technology transfer).
Some of her notable transactions are as follows:
- Advised NTUC FairPrice Co-operative on the acquisition of NTUC Health Co-operative’s pharmacy business, including 60 pharmacy stores under the “Unity” brand name and wholesale business.
- Advised Grey Orange Pte Ltd, a Singapore technology company which caters to warehousing and automation space in providing disruptive technology to make innovative products for efficient logistics and distribution, in connection with a Series A funding round from Tiger Global, Blume Ventures, Alok Rawat (President of FG Wilson FZE), Dileep Nath (co-founder Kanbay acquired by CapGemini) and other angel investors.
- Advised Macnica Networks, Inc., listed on Tokyo Stock Exchnage, on an acquisition of a majority stake in Netpoleon Solutions Pte Ltd which owns subsidiaries in Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar and the Philippines and which specialises in the distribution of cyber security solutions to customers in the financial, telecoms, and public, sectors, as well as provides systems integration and maintenance support services.
- Advised MoneyMax Financial Services Ltd in respect of its first overseas investment to hold the majority stake, through a wholly-owned subsidiary, in a network of Malaysian pawnshops.
- Advised MoneyMax Financial Services Ltd in respect on its joint venture with Aucnet Inc,, listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange, to develop Singapore’s first online live B2B auction platform.
- Advised Soo Kee Group Ltd in relation to its joint venture to engage in bullion business involving precious metals.
- Advised AIM-listed RapidCloud International plc in respect of its acquisition of Exxelnet Solutions Pte Ltd, a Singaporean web development firm offering end-to-end online solutions.
- Advised Breadtalk Group on its joint ventures in Thailand, Hong Kong and Taiwan respectively in relation to the establishment and management of food courts and food atriums under the tradename, “Food Republic”, and of restaurants under the tradename, “Din Tai Fung”.
- Advised Lonza Group Ltd on its joint ventures with Bio*One Capital, the investment arm of Singapore’s Economic Development Board for bio-medical sciences, to construct two large scale mammalian cell culture biologic drug manufacturing plants in Singapore for a total investment value of US$550M.
- Advised Rank Group on its acquisition of the packaging and consumer business of Alcoa Inc. in China and Hong Kong as part of a global acquisition valued at US$2.7 billion.
- Advised the Southland Rubber Group on an acquisition of a group of companies specialising in the manufacture of compound rubber, with facilities located in three different states in Malaysia.
- Acted as Singapore counsel of Laurus Labs in connection with its initial public offering on the National Stock Exchange of India (NSE) and Bombay Stock Exchange. Laurus Labs is engaged in the business of manufacturing synthesis, nutraceutical / cosmeceutical ingredients, and integrated generics finished dosage forms, with manufacturing facilities and R&D centres in India and USA.
LL.B. (Hons) England
Fax : +65 6381 6869