Jeremiah counsels clients on capital markets, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate finance. He also assists with fund-raising and initial public offerings (IPO). In addition, he advises clients on post-IPO continuing listing, corporate governance and compliance obligations.
Jeremiah is fluent in Mandarin.
Jeremiah has been involved in a wide spectrum of matters, including the following:
- Legal Advisor for Australian Alumni Singapore
- Initial public offering (“IPO”) of a Singapore precision engineering group on the Catalist Board (i.e. the secondary board) of the Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited (“SGX-ST”). This was the first IPO of 2019, and one of the first (if not the first) whose offer document was based on the new Securities and Futures (Offers of Investments) (Securities and Securities-Based Derivatives Contracts) Regulations 2018.
- Proposed reverse takeover of a technology company listed on the Catalist Board of the SGX-ST by a mobile payments group.
- Proposed IPOs of three (3) Singapore companies on the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited.
- Series A fundraising by a leading Southeast Asia e-sports organisation.
- Investment by a private equity fund into a distressed health and wellness group with operations in Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia.
- Proposed investment by a Korean conglomerate into one of Singapore’s upcoming blockchain-based capital markets platform and investment syndication platform.
- Proposed establishment of five (5) different funds with projected combined assets under management in excess of S$250 million.
- Various confidential appeals and consultations with the SGX-ST for and on behalf of listed issuers with regard to continuing listing obligations.
- Leading the firm’s appointment as the first legal advisor to the Association of Listed Companies in Singapore, and acting as the firm’s named representative.
- Spin-off and IPO of a subsidiary of a Singapore-listed technology group on the Main Board of the SGX-ST.
- Spin-off and IPO of a subsidiary of a Singapore-listed healthcare group on the Catalist Board of the SGX-ST.
- IPO of a Singapore healthcare group on the Catalist Board of the SGX-ST.
- Reorganisation of the Singapore subsidiaries of a water technology group that is part of a Fortune 500 group (top 5).
- Acquisition of the business of a regional internet service provider by a Singapore-listed technology group from an Australian-listed telecommunications group.
- Acquisition of the business of a leading aesthetics practice by a Singapore-listed healthcare group.
- Acquisition, and then lease-back, of a prime property by a Singapore-listed healthcare group from a Singapore-listed bank.
- Disposal of a prime property by a Singapore-listed healthcare group via the sale of the holding vehicle.
- Series A financing of a Singapore-based cancer treatment research group by a Silicon Valley venture capital group.
- Acting as Singapore counsel in the proposed acquisition of an international beauty chain by a private equity fund.
- Joint venture between a Singapore-listed offshore marine and oil and gas group and a Mexican ship building and repair group.
- Issue of new convertible bonds by a Singapore-listed oil and gas services provider, and the repurchase of its previously-issued convertible bonds.
- Issue of redeemable exchangeable bonds by a Singapore-listed technology group.
- Issue of redeemable preference shares by a subsidiary of a Singapore-listed power and energy services group, which may be exchanged into ordinary shares of its listed parent.
- Rights cum warrants issue by a Singapore-listed construction group.
- Drafting of personal data protection policies and practices for various banks and companies.
- Assisting as compliance officer in the continuing sponsorship 5 Catalist Board issuers (reviewing for compliance with the SGX-ST’s listing rules).
Bachelor of Laws, Monash University (Melbourne, Australia) (2008)
Law Society of Singapore
Bachelor of Laws, Monash University (Melbourne, Australia), Advocate & Solicitor, Supreme Court of Singapore
Key Areas of Expertise:
Capital Markets, Mergers & Acquisitions, FinTech
Direct: +65 6381 6856
Fax : +65 6381 6869