Hoon Tai Meng joined RHT on 1st July 2018 as a Senior Consultant. Prior to joining RHT, he was an Executive Director of Chip Eng Seng Corporation Ltd for 7 years and was a Director of Chip Eng Seng Corporation Ltd for a total of 19 years. He practised law in T M Hoon & Co and KhattarWong for 15 years covering the area of civil litigation, real estate, construction law, insolvency, corporate and capital market practice. He was also a continuing sponsor for catalist companies. Mr Hoon also had experience in tax and financial management.
Mr Hoon, a lawyer and accountant by profession, besides having more than 15 years experience in law practice, Mr Hoon also has around 20 years of experience in financial planning and management, audit, tax and corporate secretarial function. He was also a registered professional with Singapore Stock Exchange Limited rendering continuing sponsor service to companies listed in Catalist Board.
Significant Representative Experience
- Public listed companies
- China State Owned Entities
- Local Enterprise
Significant Speaking / Lecturing Engagements
- Speaker on “International Seminar on Corporate Legal Advisors” (企业法律顾问国际研讨会) in Beijing. The seminar was organized by State Economic & Trade Commission of the Peoples’ Republic of China (中华人民共和国国家经济贸易委员会) and sponsored by United Nations Development Programme (联合国开发计划署）.
- Speaker on “Corporate Restructuring And Foreign Capital Symposium” organised by Chengdu People’s Municipal Government.
- Part-time lecturer for the Master of Science in Managerial Economics, NTU (This course is conducted in Chinese and attended mainly by senior officials from PRC).
- Speaking at various seminars and training sessions on topics such as “IPO”, “Managing Shareholders’ Expectation”, “Singapore Legal System” and “Internal Control and Risk Management”.