Gerard Ng is a Banking and Finance Partner in the Financial Services Practice.
He is a Singapore-qualified and an English-qualified lawyer. His practice focuses on lending, structured finance, acquisition finance, and structured products.
He was previously with an international law firm where he acted for financial institutions and listed companies on a wide range of transactions such as acquisition financing, structured financing, and general corporate M&A transactions.
Some of the transactions that Gerard has been involved in included the following:-
- Advised New Hope Singapore on a US$60 million loan from International Finance Corporation (IFC). IFC will provide US$40 million loan from its own account and US$20 million from the IFC Managed Co-Lending Portfolio Program, a new syndications platform that offers institutional investors the ability to participate passively in IFC’s future senior-loan portfolio.
- Advised United Overseas Bank on an amendment of an existing trade financing facility of up to US$75 million granted to a Singapore company in the oil and marine industry. The financing involves security granted by third party security providers by way of mortgage over various vessels flagged in Singapore and Panama.
- Advised New Hope Singapore in a US$100 million syndicated term loan facility arranged and advanced by a syndicate of banks comprising, among others, Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited, Bank of China Limited, Singapore Branch, and DBS Bank Limited.
- Advised the Singapore branch of a Chinese bank in its global US$500 million certificate of deposit programme with Standard Chartered acting as sole arranger for the programme and debt issuance.
- Acted as Singapore counsel to Ping An Bank in a AU$600 million financing to Luye Medical Group in its acquisition of Australia’s Health Care.
B.A.; LL.B; Postgraduate Diploma Law
Gerard was admitted as an advocate and solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore in 1998 and as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of England & Wales in 2002.
He is noted for his “excellent turnaround time, “very responsive and fast in providing answers”, his “sound banking and stock broking industry knowledge”, his “sound legal knowledge, and being “able to provide timely and practical solutions” by IFLR1000 based on client feedback and review.