WEE Jee Kin
Wee Jee Kin is a Partner at RHTLaw Taylor Wessing’s Corporate Practice.
Jee Kin carries with him significant M&A expertise in the areas of consumer products, healthcare, petroleum products, technology and telecommunications. Prior to joining RHTLaw Taylor Wessing, he was Head of Legal at a diversified international conglomerate, specialising in infrastructure, oil and gas, hospitality and real estate (including hotels, commercial and residential projects).
Many transactions Jee Kin handled were international cross-border transactions with geographical coverage in Asia, United States, Europe, Middle East and Africa.
Some of his notable transactions and matters include:
- Negotiated and concluded contracts with governments for infrastructure contracts in Africa on behalf of Chinese conglomerates and SOEs, with the single largest contract worth US$3.8 billion
- Led in the sale and purchase transactions for hotels in China and Indonesia
- Led in the acquisition of a majority share shipyard in Spain on behalf of a Hong Kong conglomerate for close to €80 Million
- Advised in a dispute resulting in a recovery of US$250 million for the principal and major aircraft manufacturer
- Advised in the recovery of a debt in excess of US$100 million owed by an enterprise domiciled in the Russian federation on behalf of a Hong Kong conglomerate
- Led the overseas expansion efforts of a leading Korean Multinational Clinical Research Organisation into China and was later appointed as CEO of its Mongolian operations
- Advised in mobile device retention services, IT contracts and telecommunication contracts with major Japanese, Chinese and Korean companies such as NTT DoCoMo, KT, KTF and China Unicom
Jee Kin is admitted in England and Wales (1990-1991), Singapore (1991) and in Queensland, Australia (2004). He is fluent in English and Mandarin.