Suppiah Thangaveloo is a Consultant with the Litigation & Dispute Resolution practice, with more than 33 years of litigation experience.
Thangaveloo continues to practice Criminal Law, Family Law, Corporate/Commercial Law & Civil Litigation, Employment Law, Construction Law, Accident & Industrial Accident, Syariah Law related to Muslim Divorces, Estate Matters/Trust (Muslim & Non-Muslim) including Bankruptcy, Winding Up/Insolvency, Property Law related to Tenancies.
- Represented clients in capital cases including commercial crimes related to credit card fraud, corruption, insider trading & money laundering matters. Advised client in cross-border criminal matter in Malaysia.
- Represented clients in complex family matters, cross-border family matters with successful injunctions preventing removal of children from jurisdiction. Represented clients in mental incapacity matters and setting up of trusts for after-care.
- Represented companies and businesses in legal advisory work providing retainer services. Represented companies and businesses in their internal control disputes, share disputes, partnership disputes and drafting/vetting of commercial agreements.
- Represented clients in unfair dismissal and in the termination of employment with successful recovery of compensation from employers. Represented corporate clients to draft/review and advise on employment contracts whilst dealing with termination of employees.
- Represented developers, contractors and home owners in construction disputes with successful mediation.
- Represented clients successfully in personal injury, vehicle property damage claims including industrial accident claims for workman compensation.
- Represented Muslim clients in Syariah Law matters of divorces at Muslim Appeal Board, drafting of Muslim Wills, Muslim Estate and business succession planning with documentation of Family Arrangements/Family Office and Family Constitution.
- Representing clients in Deceased Estate, Probate and Letter of Administration including drafting of Private Trusts and Will Trust.
- Represented clients in Bankruptcy, Winding Up/Insolvency restructuring matters.
- Represented clients in conveyances of property and acted for banks in mortgages of properties.
- Represented clients in cross-border mining contracts in the Philippines.
- Represented client in cross-border enforcement of foreign judgement in Australia.