People’s Republic of China
Our China Practice regularly acts for foreign investors entering or operating in China, and is sensitive to the cultural and social nuances vital to success when dealing with PRC parties. Our team has built close working relationships with key domestic Chinese law firms, the government and quasi-government agencies in major cities of China, and keeps abreast with the changes in the legal and regulatory environment in China.
By working with business partners in Asia Pacific, the Middle East and other countries and territories, our team provides efficient and competitive service delivery across various jurisdictions.
Areas of expertise:
- Cross-border capital raising and financing transactions
- Mergers and acquisitions related to China
- Due diligence exercises – planning protocols and conduct of due diligence exercises
- Strategic, legal and regulatory issues in various forms of foreign direct investment in a diverse range of businesses and industries
- Property development projects, project financing, and sale, purchase and financing of residential and commercial properties
- Employment and human resource management
- IP rights – registration, protection and enforcement
- Listing-related matters for PRC companies seeking public listing on foreign stock exchanges
- Legal and regulatory issues relating to services provided by foreign financial institutions in China
- Mediation, arbitration and enforcement of arbitral awards
- PR and citizenship application
- Drafting documents in Chinese and English
Read more about the international China Group here.