Eugene is a versatile lawyer with more than two decades of legal experience across all areas of legal work, including dispute resolution, commercial transactions, in-house legal operations and government & regulatory affairs. Eugene was previously a Director in the Dispute Resolution department of one of the most prominent and largest law firms in Singapore.
He has acted for a wide spectrum of clients in numerous industries, including multi-national companies, public listed companies, private companies and private individuals. He currently practices primarily in the areas of commercial litigation and arbitration. He has handled claims relating to shareholder, partnership and joint-venture disputes, private investment, sale and purchase of companies, intellectual property infringement, defamation, fraud, sale of goods, medical negligence and employment, among others.
Eugene speaks fluent Mandarin and Thai and has significant experience working in Thailand’s legal industry.
Below are some of the matters Eugene has handled:
- Represented a Thai investor in a claim against a major bank for mis-selling of financial products.
- Represented a Singapore public-listed company in a joint-venture dispute, with over US$100 million in issue.
- Represented one of Thailand’s largest rice exporters, in respect of multi-jurisdictional disputes with US$25 million in issue and proceedings in Shenzhen, Thailand, Hong Kong and USA.
- Successfully defended a Singapore public-listed investment company against a S$2.3 million claim by its former CFO for severance payment.
- Recovered S$4 million from a bank for a businessman from China who was deceived into signing pledge documents by the officers of the bank.
- Successfully defended a developer and his company against a claim for S$20 million in commissions in relation to an industrial park project.
- Represented a Swiss sports company in an arbitration under UNCITRAL Rules involving disputes with over €2 million in issue, in relation to the organization of an international football event in Southeast Asia.
- Represented an established Thai agricultural trading company against a Russian manufacturer of fertilizer in an arbitration under ICC Rules, with over US$7 million in issue.
- Represented an Indonesian financial advisor against an Australian conglomerate in a SIAC arbitration over success fees, with US$5 million in dispute.
- Represented an Indian business tycoon in an international arbitration concerning the sale of a major Indian mobile telecoms company, with over US$300 million in issue.
LL. B (Hons)(Singapore);
Advocate & Solicitor, Singapore
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution Partner Eugene Quah commented on the basic challenge of a representative action in the Business Times article “Pines members move to take legal action against club owner Exklusiv Resorts”
- Litigation Partner Eugene Quah quoted in The Straits Times on how third-party collectors of donations should explicitly clarify they are not from the charity to avoid creating false impressions
- Litigation Partner Eugene Quah shares with The Straits Times alternative options artists and storage warehouses may take in the case involving Mandala Fine Art, a Singapore art gallery who has ceased operations
- RHTLaw Taylor Wessing Partner Eugene Quah featured in Singapore Business Review
- RHTLaw Taylor Wessing Partner Eugene Quah quoted in The Sunday Times