The Capital Markets Practice provides practical legal advice and solutions to local and foreign clients in equity and debt transactions, including the offering of securities through initial public offerings (IPOs) on the Singapore Exchange, and post-listing corporate exercises such as further fund-raising.
Our team of dedicated, dynamic and experienced lawyers and legal professionals combine knowledge of our focus industries with a good understanding of the evolving regulatory and business environment.
Our team is familiar with cross-cultural issues in regional and international business transactions, having as part of its team, lawyers and legal professionals from different jurisdictions. With the ability to tap into the strengths of our other specialist and our regional practices, we offer solutions that are attuned to the expectations of our clients, regulators, stakeholders and other professionals.
We advise issuers, issue managers, sponsors, underwriters and vendors amongst others, on IPOs and reverse takeovers on the Mainboard and Catalist board of the Singapore Exchange.
We also advise on a broad range of corporate actions, including:
- Advising companies on capital and corporate restructuring for purposes of business rationalisation, tax efficiency, and group rationalisation for IPO
- Advising companies on regulatory requirements and market trends on employee share options and performance award schemes
- Advising companies on the issue and listing of debt securities, including bonds and convertible securities
- Deal structuring, advising companies and investors in pre-IPO investments and exits including convertible loan agreements and convertible bonds with or without security
- Advising companies, issue managers and underwriters on placements of shares at and post-IPO, post-listing capital raising through rights issues of shares and warrants, and bonds issues
- Advising listed companies, offerors, and investment consortiums on privatisation and delistings of companies from the Singapore Exchange
At the requests of our clients, we have seconded our lawyers to financial institutions to assist our clients on their internal legal support needs and hence are familiar with the day to day legal matters of a financial institution.