Ben Constance is a Corporate Partner at Taylor Wessing’s Dubai office. He is currently on secondment as a Foreign Lawyer in RHTLaw Taylor Wessing’s Corporate Practice. He specialises in cross-border M&A, equity capital markets and general corporate law.
He has advised on corporate transactions and ECM deals in Asia, Australia and throughout the Middle East in various sectors including banking and financial services, hospitality, IT and energy. Ben also has in-house experience with Ignite Energy where he advised on a reverse takeover of TSX Venture Exchange listed vehicle Karmin Exploration, as well as significant experiences early in his career with property, project and finance work given his time with national Australian firms Minter Ellison and HWL Ebsworth.
He regularly advises issuers and sponsors on their obligations with respect to IPO and public exchange transactions. In 2013, Ben was appointed to a professional advisory board of NASDAQ Dubai to remodel its existing listing rules and markets law.
He was recently mentioned in Legal 500 with clients suggesting he is “extremely professional and provides clear, succinct advice”.
Some of his recent transaction highlights include:
- Led the IPO and ASX listing of Singapore-based iProperty (ASX:IPP). iProperty is the leading Asian online property portal
- Advising the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for the Peoples Republic of China on its roll out of visa processing centres globally by way of joint venture
- Advised Fujian Xianghong on the Middle East aspects of its corporate restructure and due diligence relative to its proposed Hong Kong Stock Exchange listing
- Advised shareholders of Singapore and Dubai-based Managed Pressure Operations on their sell down to Aker Solutions (USD 100m).
- Advised UnaEnergy Pte Ltd (Singapore) on various corporate restructuring matters and joint ventures in Asia and Middle East
- Advising the shareholders of Red Engineering Pte Ltd (Singapore) and Red Group Services FZ-LLC (Dubai) on its share acquisition from Black & White Engineering
- BakerHostetler seminar on matters involving international trade regulations
- Dubai Department of Economic Development seminar on raising finance via IPO
- Taylor Wessing seminar on raising finance via IPO; joint ventures; international sanctions
- Numerous seminars to senior management and boards of listed companies on corporate governance
- Seminar to Dubai SME on IPOs
- Seminar as part of the Dubai Profile Business Seminar on corporate law issues
He has written various articles for International Law Office, Dubai SME magazine, Allorya.com and Australian Business Council Dubai.
Ben is a member of Taylor Wessing’s USA group and has represented a large volume of US clients on their outbound investments.